Friday, April 23, 2010

Part of successful recruiting means forecasting - right?!

I met with a couple of hiring managers today to forecast their staffing needs.  Interestingly enough, our conversation moved from forecasting to discussing the challenges their group was experiencing based on their current needs.  As a recruiter, our role is to find and acquire talent.  To do this effectively, recruiters need to understand the businesses they support.  Good recruiters get that an unfilled need is tough on the business, great recruiters get the impacts an unfilled position has not only on the business but on the people who support that line of business.  Today, I met with hiring managers with the intent of hammering out a forecast in 2010.  Fortunately for me they had a different intent, they actually helped me move from good to great because they provided me the perspective I needed to better understand the impacts their current staffing need has on both the patients and the employees they serve.   Based on this experience, I learned that I'm still figuring out what being great looks like and thankfully, I'm open to learning so I'm excited to know that this experience was just the tip of the iceberg.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment