Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Creating a great employment brand... Part 2

A day or 2 ago I talked about creating great employment brands. I wanted to continue this conversation because the organization I'm with is in the midst of this work. In my last conversation I stated you needed several components to create a great brand.

Components of a great employer brand:
Audience + Organizational Values + Technology = A Great Employer Brand

I also believe you need a really clear idea of what you like. For instance, I was chatting with colleagues about revamping our own employer brand and each of us had a different perspective. As a result, the expectation we had of the agency we were working with definitely varied depending on who you talked to. To work through this potential conflict we discussed the kinds of career sites each of us liked and rated each site on a continuum where we identified great sites, good sites, and sites we agreed were ones we didn't want to emulate. From that conversation there was alignment on the kinds of sites we liked and the message we wanted our site to convey. This experience has taught me that part of creating a great employment brand is aligning peoples thoughts on what they like so as a group you have a cohesive idea of what you want your brand to convey. Without this alignment, we're like hiring managers who wait for the right candidate without identifying the kinds of skills or experiences the candidate needs in order to be considered "right".

No comments:

Post a Comment